You are here: > Home > Company > Our History

Our History

The predecessor of the company – LS Factory was founded in 1953, we initially produced castings, forgings and petrochemical equipments in 1965, and started the design and development of two columns open-die forging presses in 1982. Since LS Group’s foundation, we have become nationally recognized for our diverse range of specialty forging equipment and machinery. 



Milestones


  • 1953 : LS Factory was founded in Lanzhou City in Gansu Province by the Industry Department of China. It is the predecessor of LS Group
  • 1982 : LS Heavy Machinery was founded in Lanzhou City in Gansu Province by LS Group
  • 1987 : China's first 8MN two-column open-die forging press was manufactured by LS Heavy Machinery
  • 1995 : China's first 16MN two-column open-die forging press was manufactured by LS Heavy Machinery
  • 2005 : China's first 20MN two-column open-die forging press was manufactured by LS Heavy Machinery
  • 2008 : China's first 45MN two-column open-die forging press was manufactured by LS Heavy Machinery
  • 2013 : China's first 1.6MN radial forging machine was manufactured by LS Heavy Machinery
  • 2014 : LS Group relocated to new facilities in the Lanzhou New Area, the state-of-the-art plant covers a total area of 25,115,000 square feet
  • 2014 : LS Heavy Industry Engineering was founded in Zhangjiagang City in Jiangsu Province by LS Heavy Machinery for new technology development, international engineering, sales and service
  • 2015 : LS Group completed relocation to LS Industrial Park in Lanzhou New Area, the new plant covers a total area 2,300,000 square meters

LS Plant before relocation,